Doctor insights on:
How Do You Increase White Blood Cell Count
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Don't treat numbers: If one or more of your absolute counts (neutrophils or lymphcytes; i've never cared about monocytes) is a wee bit low, just follow it. If it is way low, you may be seriously sick and in that case need something stronger than homeopathy. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Leukopenia: A low white cell count can be caused by many things. Some people have low white cells due to a medication they are taking. Others are born with it. Others develop it because of dangerous conditions such as leukemia, viral infection, or autoimmune disease. Please consult with a hematologist to determine what form of leukopenia you have so that an appropriate treatment can be given (if necessary). ...Read more
See below: If the count is low it is the cause of low blood count that needs to be treated. It may be as simple as giving some vitamins or as radical as bone marrow transplant. Infections and some drugs and tumors can cause abnormal increase in white cell count. Treatment may be antibiotics, chemotherapy or no treatment may be needed. ...Read more
Depends: What is your white blood cell count? Why do want to raise it? Which of the WBC type do you wish to raise? Do not take any medications that are not prescribed by your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you increase white blood cells?
- How to increase your white blood cell count?
- How to increase low white blood cell count?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you raise white blood cell count?
- Increase in white blood cell count
- How can you increase white blood cells?
- How can i increase my white blood cell count naturally?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free