Doctor insights on:
How Do You Help Someone When They Think They Are Having A Cocaine Overdose
Absolutely: Doing forensic pathology, we see it all the time. What's even more treacherous, you don't even need to take a lot to have it kill you -- the same amount you've taken many times just to get high may on the 101st time trigger a heart rhythm disturbance and leave you dead or a vegetable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Up, then down: Cocaine overdose is excessive stimulation of heart rate, blood pressure, thinking patterns (hyperalertness, paranoia), sweating, flushing, fever, stroke, death. If one doesn't die from the od, then whatever goes up must come down--crash. This is a severe, often long-lasting depression both emotionally and physically. ...Read more
Cocaine: There really is no safe dosage of Cocaine as adverse effects can happen at any dose. It is a nervous system and cardiovascular stimulant. It can cause seizures, high blood pressure and racing pulse. These effects sometimes cause strokes or heart attack. There are mental changes akin to paranoia or hallucinations. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Your heart stops : Not sure what you mean here, but a Cocaine overdose, may cause the strain on the heart to be too much and cause an eventual stopping of the heart, resulting in death, at which point your brain stops to function as well. Cocaine use-bad! too much Cocaine use-very bad. Don't do drugs. Get help if you are addicted, see your dr. Or call a crisis center. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Highly variable: If it proves to be fatal, it essentially lasts forever. Cocaine is a short-acting drug, which is present in the bloodstream and brain for 10-15 minutes after a single dose, which is why people who smoke, snort or inject cocaine may do it 3 or 4 times per hour. However, it has metabolites that can last longer, in particular in people who drink alcohol with it. The ill effects can last many hours. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you manage scoliosis when someone have neuromuscular disease?
- How do you help someone with paranoid schizophrenia?
- What happens when you overdose on cocaine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens once you have cocaine overdose?
- How do you tell someone they have aspergers?
- Do you think a drug overdose could have messed up my mind?
- How to stop liking someone when you have a boyfriend?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free