Doctor insights on:
How Do You Help Skin Redness After Skiing All Day
Hot toddy.: Redness caused by cold and wind while skiing will resolve quickly, usually overnight. Redness due to sunburn will take longer, so remember to apply a good broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion, since sunburn is much more common at high altitude. Either way, don't worry about the redness; have a nice warm adult beverage and relax. ...Read more
Try hydrocortisone: You may be able to prevent redness and itching(usually eczema) by using moisturizers. Oatmeal products in bath water may help as well. Once you get redness, you need a topical steroid to get better. Try Hydrocortisone cream and if the problem persists see your doctor for something perscription. ...Read more
Ringworm turned brown after two weeks of treatment. I am of darker skin. Redness,swelling and itching are gone. Is discoloration a sign of healing?
Post inflammatory: Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a common and normal response during the healing process. When traumatized or infected skin heals, redness followed by dark discoloration often occurs. With time, the site will usually resume normal coloration to match the surrounding skin. Normalization may happen faster with good skin care with hypoallergenic washes and moisturizers. ...Read more
Happy Skin: Skin is the major protection of our delicate internal tissues from a harsh environment, it is susceptible to injury itself. Sun, shaving and many chemicals are very irritating as well as constant exposure to moisture reduces protective skin oils and sets the skin up for injury. The trick is to apply good protective skin cream frequently and minimize ongoing damage. Clean it using gentle means. ...Read more
Check dosage: If your skin is significantly dry and red, there is a good chance your dosage is too high; talk to your dermatologist about the possibility of reducing the dosage. If a high dosage is necessary, or you have very sensitive skin, your dermatologist should be able to prescribe an anti-inflammatory cream until such time as your Accutane dosage can be reduced. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i get rid of my skin rashes i wash hands all day long at the hospital?
- How do i get rid of quite dry skin on face and neck after going skiing?
- How many days after period do you ovulate on 28 day cycle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after an medical abortion do you get your period?
- How long after unprotected sex do you need to get a std screening?
- How long after your hysterectomy do you have to wait to have sex?
- How long after conception do you feel cramping?
- Talk to a dermatologist online