Doctor insights on:
How Do You Help Skin Redness After Skiing All Day
Hot toddy.: Redness caused by cold and wind while skiing will resolve quickly, usually overnight. Redness due to sunburn will take longer, so remember to apply a good broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion, since sunburn is much more common at high altitude. Either way, don't worry about the redness; have a nice warm adult beverage and relax. ...Read more
Check dosage: If your skin is significantly dry and red, there is a good chance your dosage is too high; talk to your dermatologist about the possibility of reducing the dosage. If a high dosage is necessary, or you have very sensitive skin, your dermatologist should be able to prescribe an anti-inflammatory cream until such time as your Accutane dosage can be reduced. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Try hydrocortisone: You may be able to prevent redness and itching(usually eczema) by using moisturizers. Oatmeal products in bath water may help as well. Once you get redness, you need a topical steroid to get better. Try Hydrocortisone cream and if the problem persists see your doctor for something perscription. ...Read more
Primary care: Primary care, dermatologist.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i get rid of my skin rashes i wash hands all day long at the hospital?
- Does eating watermelon all day help you lose weight?
- What kinds of exercises can you do if you are stuck at a desk all day?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My skin is always red how will lotions and creams help lessen the redness
- Ideal amount of sleep
- How do you lose weight in a day?
- How many times do you blink in a day?
- Talk to a dermatologist online