Doctor insights on:
How Do You Help Heal A Broken Toe
Time: One needs to make sure that the tendons attached are working, and that there is not much deformity. The toe is stabilized by buddy taping to adjacent toe. A broken toe heals pretty much on its own, but we need to make sure that the toe is well aligned so that it heals without deformity and that the. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stay off it: If the bone fragments are well aligned normally takes 4-6 weeks to heal. Wearing a special "surgical" shoe or stiff soled shoe can help during the healing process. Smoking cigarettes may delay healing. Rest and staying off that foot as much as possible will help. 4 weeks is the minimum amount of time it takes to heal even if you are doing everything right. ...Read more
Splint it: Keep the toe splinted.Get a more detailed answer ›
About : 6 weeks. All bones heal in approx 6-8 weeks, . ...Read more
Buddy splint: A common bandage for a broken toe is called a buddy splint. This is essentially taping the broken toe to a toe next to it. I would recommend seeing a podiatrist though. Some fractures can be more severe and require additional therapies such as closed manipulation if the fracture segments are mal-aligned. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you heal a broken rib?
- How do you fix a broken big toe?
- How to heal a broken pinky toe?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do broken ribs heal?
- How long for a broken pinky toe to heal?
- How do you know if pinky toe is broken or just bruised?
- How to do yoga with a broken toe?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free