Doctor insights on:
How Do You Heal A Third Degree Burn On Your Leg
I have a third degree burn on my leg that is untreated. I've kept it clean and aired out. It is now thickly scabbed over, is that ok?
Semantics : A scar is the healed result of a wound. Third degree burns extend completely through all layers of skin and usually result in early removal of the burned tissue and skin grafting from another area. However the burn could have been left to heal as a scar. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Difficult to answer-: I understand third degree means "full thickness of the skin"--- small areas of full thickness burns may heal well. But, large areas will need skin coverage by skin graft or skin flap. If a large area is allowed to heal by itself, there may be thick scars and/or contracting unstable scars. ...Read more
I have a second degree and a little bit of third degree burn on the right side of my waist. Can i swim with waterproof dressing?
No: Not a good idea as waterproof dressing will at the very least trap moisture, and more likely will come loose and expose the burn ( which is an open wound) to the numerous bacteria present in almost all the water types you might swim in and this could cause a serious infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several: You need to see a podiatrist for evaluation to make sure there is no infection. Once seen treatment can be started. ...Read more
See below--: It is better to think of burns as superficial, partial thickness or full thickness--corresponding to 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree. Superficial burns are like a sunburn. Full thickness burns destroy the entire thickness of the skin and cannot heal except by scarring. Partial thickness burns, if shallow, can act like superficial burns. If deep, they will act like full thickness burns. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you heal a open wound on your armpit?
- How do you make a boil on your vagina go away before it gets bigger?
- What causes cuts on your tongue and how do you heal them?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get a staph infection on your face?
- What do you do when you get a burn on your skin and it starts to blister?
- How can you tell the difference between a second degree and third degree burn?
- How do you know if you have a blood clog in your leg?
- Talk to a trauma surgeon online for free