Doctor insights on:
How Do You Heal A Broken Rib
Rest: Rib injuries are pretty common in karate and MMA. Initially you may want to ice the sore ribs for 20 min at a time the first 3 days - most important time is right after the injury to limit swelling and bleeding. After that, it just takes time. We no longer recommend wrapping the chest with compression wraps because it will prevent you from taking full breaths and increase your risk of pneumonia ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
4-6 weeks: Having experienced several personally, the pain will calm down in 2-3 weeks and take an average of 4-6 weeks to resolve. ...Read more
Chest tube: A punctured lung (pneumothorax) from trauma (rib fracture) is likely to cause lung collapse and blood in chest cavity (hemothorax). 1 or several chest-tubes would likely be needed to drain fluid (&blood) and re-inflate the lung using negative pressure (suction on the chest tubes). The chest tubes remain until the lung remains inflated when chest tubes are clamped. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I just suffered a non-traumatic rib fracture after 4 years of on and off steroid use. 1) should I worry about my bone density at the age of 26 with the chronic steroid use, and 2) what should I avoid while my rib fracture heals as I am an active physical
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do broken ribs heal?
- How do you help heal a broken toe?
- How do you know if you have a broken rib?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for broken ribs to heal?
- What to do when you have broken ribs?
- What can you do for a broken rib?
- How can you heal a broken wrist?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free