Doctor insights on:
How Do You Get Rid Of Mucus
Like material that functions to moisten and protect inner body surfaces. The viscous slippery substance that consists chiefly of mucin, water, cells, and inorganic salts and that is secreted as a protective lubricant coating by the cells and glands of the mucous membranes. The free slime of the mucous membranes, composed of secretion of the glands, various salts, ...Read more
Mucous: Consider use of saltwater gargles & a neti pot. Saltwater gargles: Mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle several times a day. ...Read more
Ask MD who diagnosed: Throat mucous can be seen at many different levels in the throat and for many different reasons. The doctor who performed the endoscopy can probably clarify for you. For example, there can be mucous where the sinuses drain from problems such as allergies or sinusitis. There can be mucous lower in the throat (also visualized via a camera passed through the nose) from reflux or infection.... ...Read more
Blow your nose: A good assist when you feel a cold coming on is to take one or two (4 mg) over the counter chlorpheneramine pills (side effect: sleepiness). This can attenuate the mucus. Phenylephrine (side effect: heart rate increase, dizziness) is present in many anti-mucus over the counter remedies and helps in the actual production phase. Keep well hydrated and blow your nose gently (sniffing can help). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of mucus in your chest?
- How do you get rid of mucus in your throat?
- How can you get rid of mucus in throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of mucus stuck in my throat?
- How do i get rid of mucus in my throat?
- How do i get rid of mucus in my lungs?
- How do i get rid of mucus in my chest?
- How do you get rid of mucus in the throat?