Doctor insights on:
How Do You Get Rid Of Head Lice Naturally
Not always easy: Nix cream rinse and kwell shampoo do not work consistently. Elimite cream (left on all night) is reported to be effective but is not officially approved for head lice. Malathion lotion is effective, but stinks and is flammable. Oral Ivermectin works, but requires a doctor's prescription. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Limited benefit: I have had a few moms try vinegar as a frequent hair wash (daily for a week or more) & say that this worked. Apple cider vinegar or its stouter cousin pickling vinegar were effective killing bugs and loosening the egg casings from hair to the point they slid off easily with a nit comb.If this is not effective for you an otc lice product like nix may finish the job. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lice not nice: Tx of lice requires accurate identification of nits & / or lice. A pediculicide is usually used- otc like nix or rid or prescription meds like lindane or malathion. Work carefully through hair & remove individual nits. Purchase a special lice nit comb to aid you. Check for nits & remove as seen over the next 7 to 10 days. If there are nits after 7 to 10 days – a 2nd pediculicide tx may be needed. ...Read more
No: NoGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of head lice in a dormitory?
- How do you get rid of lice in your armpit hair?
- How do i get rid of lice naturally?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i tell her to get rid of her head lice?
- How do u get rid of lice if you had it for 5 years?
- How do i get rid of head lice with just home supplies?
- How do i get rid of and continue to prevent head lice?
- Talk to a pediatrician online