Doctor insights on:
How Do You Get Rid Of Gas After A Colonoscopy
Retained air post-CO: Air is used to inflate your colon & permit inspection during the colonoscopy procedure. During your recovery before discharge you will be encouraged to pass the air back out. This is accomplished by changing your position in bed, gentle abdominal pressure, & verbal encouragement to overcome your natural embarrassment at passing gas. Some air may persist for several hours--call for help if longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there anything i can do to get rid of bad gas and irregular bowel movements i've had since a colonoscopy in august 2013?
Warm baths: If hemorrhoids only seen by colonoscopist with no associated symptoms then no treatment suggested. If there are mild symptoms, a rectal cream or warm soaks can help. If more symptomatic with pain and bleeding, resection or rubber banding would be needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How can I get rid of my irregular motion.At times it hard & at times it almost liquid. I have gastric prob. No erosion seen in endoscopy, colonoscopy?
Endoscopic surgery??: Surgeons will add gas to the area to help visualize the site better. The gas will go away on it's own over time. I have not heard of any way to speed up the process. If you mean gas in the stomach, just take some antacids or gas-x. ...Read more
Will resolve: U describe a mild form of ileus, in which intestinal motility is decreased, usually due to inactivity and prescribed narcotics for pain. While this ileus usually resolves in a few days, if u walk, drink enough fluids, minimize or eliminate the use of narcotic pain pills, then this will speed your recovery. If u are unable to hold down fluids, have fever or worsening abdominal pain, see ur md. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After a colonoscopy what can you do to get rid of gas
- How do you get rid of a large hematoma after cardiac catheterization?
- How do you get rid of gas after surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of gas after colonoscopy?
- Can you get a knot in your deltoid muscle how do you get rid of it?
- How do you get rid of a bloody nose correctly?
- How do you get rid of neck pain after long flight?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free