Doctor insights on:
How Do You Get Rid Of Gas After A Colonoscopy
Retained air post-CO: Air is used to inflate your colon & permit inspection during the colonoscopy procedure. During your recovery before discharge you will be encouraged to pass the air back out. This is accomplished by changing your position in bed, gentle abdominal pressure, & verbal encouragement to overcome your natural embarrassment at passing gas. Some air may persist for several hours--call for help if longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Warm baths: If hemorrhoids only seen by colonoscopist with no associated symptoms then no treatment suggested. If there are mild symptoms, a rectal cream or warm soaks can help. If more symptomatic with pain and bleeding, resection or rubber banding would be needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Will resolve: U describe a mild form of ileus, in which intestinal motility is decreased, usually due to inactivity and prescribed narcotics for pain. While this ileus usually resolves in a few days, if u walk, drink enough fluids, minimize or eliminate the use of narcotic pain pills, then this will speed your recovery. If u are unable to hold down fluids, have fever or worsening abdominal pain, see ur md. ...Read more
Try yogurt: You had heart surgery 4 days ago. You were given antibiotics during the surgery so you can try yogurt to return your normal gut flora. Also walk a lot every day to move the gas along. If you are taking pain killers try to also take a stool softener. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How to get rid of gas pain after colon surgery? I've been walking a lot, but still a lot of trapped gas. How many days does it take to get 1st bm?
Few days: A few days usually. Remember you have not eaten for some days in between. If you are passing gas and no movement try taking a laxative to help with the first movement then it still maybe agee days until food goes thru ur system to get back to normal if you are not passing any gas maybe a bigger problem and you should get looked at asap. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After a colonoscopy what can you do to get rid of gas
- How do you get rid of a large hematoma after cardiac catheterization?
- How to get rid of gas after a colonoscopy?
- How do you get rid of gas after surgery?
- How do you get rid of really red eyes after smoking weed?
- How do you get rid of a headache caused by high blood pressure?
- How to get rid of gas after colonoscopy?
- Can you get a knot in your deltoid muscle how do you get rid of it?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free