Doctor insights on:
How Do You Get Rid Of Birthmarks Aside From Surgery
Depends: There are many ways, depending on the birthmark. A pigmented birthmark without vascular involvement might be able to be treated with certain types of laser. A small birthmark could be removed with a minor surgery. Vascular birthmarks can sometimes be treated with laser, surgery, and/or sclerotherapy. Going to a center that specializes in birthmark treatment is the way to go. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Complex lesions: There are as many types of birthmarks as answers to this question. Treatment options depend on what type of birthmark you have. There are ones that are pigment, different types of vascular ones, etc. I would meet with a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon, find out what type of birthmark you have, and what options there are for removal. Be sure to ask about scars and side effects after removal. ...Read more
Depends on birthmark: Some birthmarks will fade over time & need no help while some will persist a lifetime unless surgically removed.Some can be treated by lasers & others have some response to injected medications. Consultation with your pcp, a dermatologist or plastic surgeon may be required for a full understanding of treatment options. ...Read more
I have this dark birthmark on my leg, and I want to know how I could get rid of or lighten the birthmark?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of a birthmark without surgery?
- How do you get rid of the fish smell from my penis?
- How do you get rid of neck pain from sleeping in the wrong position?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get rid of keloids without surgery?
- How do you get rid of cellulite and stretch marks without surgery?
- How do you get rid of gas after surgery?
- How do you get rid of the peeling skin from a sunburn?
- Talk to a pediatrician online