Doctor insights on:
How Do You Get Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
My father had polycystic kidney disease. I have a 50 % chance of getting it, but I do not have it and I am at the age where it would have shown. Is there a higher chance I could get polycystic ovarian syndrome as a child of a father who had polycystic k
Pcos is a metabolic disorder affecting 8-10% of women that may cause irregular periods, acne or increased hair growth, infertility or subfertility, and increases the risk of diabetes. To diagnose pcos, we need 2 out of 3 of: 1. Irregular or no periods 2. Acne, hair growth and/or blood tests showing too much male-type hormones (androgens) 3. Ultrasound showing large ovaries ...Read more
Genetic + lifestyle : Polycystic ovarian syndrome or pcos is a condition that shows irregular periods, excessive androgens (male hormones) and metabolic disorders (type 2 or gestational diabetes, abnormal BP and lipids, Insulin resistance syndrome, etc). There is a genetic component that cannot be changed. However pcos patients can make lifestyle change (weight loss, regular exercise) that will control effects of pcos. ...Read more
Testing: Testing some hormones is part of making a diagnosis of pcos. ...Read more
I believe I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) I am going to get tested for it, but my question for you is, can PCOS ever be cured?
Maybe: It could be more difficult but you still can get pregnant. Many people have some difficulty and others don't so i wouldn't use it as a contraceptive method. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of polycystic ovary syndrome?
- How do you get rid of ovarian cancer?
- Can you get pregnant with polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to lose weight when you have polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- How do you get rid of restless legs syndrome with vitamins or herbs?
- How to get rid of polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- Can you still get pregnant with polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free