Doctor insights on:
How Do You Get Juvenile Diabetes
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
DKA: Because children with type 1 dm are so prone to diabetic ketoacidosis, symptoms such as excessive thirst and urination (including overnight/bed wetting), abdominal pain, vomiting, weight loss - merit immediate medical evaluation, particularly if vomiting. A urine dip stick positive for glucose and ketones is enough to make the presumptive diagnosis of type 1 dm in a child. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Compliance: It's not unusual for well controlled kids to become poorly controlled teens.It can be cuz growing bodies (puberty!) have different Insulin needs, having diabetes makes them feel different from peers so they avoid diabetes care when not at home, or teenagers' feeling of invincibility makes them think missing some testing & Insulin is ok.Support group for your teen&you can help&don't miss appointments. ...Read more
Normal life span: In many, as long as well controlled. ...Read more
Multifactorial: Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease where the body produces antibodies which attack the pancreatic insulin-producing cells. There are genetic factors which contribute to this; however, there is/are environmental trigger(s) which have not yet been identified. So, even if someone has the genetic potential for type 1 diabetes, it's not enough to get it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get type two diabetes?
- How long after an medical abortion do you get your period?
- How long after unprotected sex do you need to get a std screening?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do clean a dildo after uses so you dont get an infection?
- How long after an abortion do you get your period?
- How do you get rid of really red eyes after smoking weed?
- How many days before your period do you get cramps?
- Talk to a pediatrician online