Doctor insights on:
How Do You Eat If They Have To Cut Out Your Tongue For Cancer
There is something white on my tongue, i met a doctor and he said it may be a skin/tongue tag! i may cut it off or not, is it harmful? Is it cancer?
White: Anything white should be examined, and possibly biopsied, immediately. Cannot tell over the computer what type of lesion you have. At 25 chances are it's benign, but don't take that as an excuse to avoid treatment. Most qualified "doctor" to evaluate the white lesion and to treat it is an oral surgeon. Please call one now. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
wide Vertical cut like crack in middle o tongue.slight cut like pain on twisting tongue this morning.papillae loss in crack.tongue cancer?smoker:8mnth
Dad has tongue cancer. Having full glossectomy & neck dissection r/o 4 lymph nodes. Worried he wont survive :( prognosis? Only 63yrs old. Talk eat?
Non healing ulcer: A non healing ulcerated lesion with a crusty border and sometimes foul taste and odor are some findings. If the tumor is advanced, speech problems and difficulty in swallowing may also be present. Evaluation of any suspicious lesion and possible biopsy if indicated would be recommended. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Generally no: It is more likely to cause a fibroma which is benign. It can also cause white plaques, or keratinized areas that usually require other etiologic factors, like tobacco or alcohol, to contribute to cancerous lesions. That being said, see your dentist to get info on stopping this bad habit! ...Read more
Tobacco, alcohol: The majority of people who get tongue cancer have a strong history of tobacco use (either smoking or chewing) and/or alcohol use. The combination of the two increases the risk even more. The best thing you can do to reduce your risk is to eliminate tobacco use and moderate your alcohol consumption. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have a small white soar on my tongue that I got after getting chewing tobaco on it. I have only used it 5-10 times in 6th months. Odds of cancer?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do you have to get tested for an std if your partner refuses treatment?
- How long for meth to be out of your system if you have smoked it?
- How do you know if you have skin cancer on your back and butt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to clean your tongue if you have braces?
- How to do parkour if you have a phone in your pocket?
- How to know if you have cancer in your neck?
- How to find out if you have ovarian cancer?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free