Doctor insights on:
How Do You Do A Mammogram On Aa Breasts
A mammogram is the "gold standard" screening test for breast cancer. It's well established that yearly 'grams will DX cancers well before they are palpable, leading to earlier diagnoses and saved lives. All experts agree to begin yearly mammograms by age 50; many (including myself) believe the pro's outweigh the con's to begin at 40. Regrettably, less than half of all women ...Read more
40 and above: Women should perform breast self checks every month and contact a doctor is there is anything abnormal. Yearly mammograms start at age 40. Many women get a baseline mammogram at 35, if there is not any high risk factor. If there is a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, contact your doctor or a breast surgeon for specific recommendations. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I get annual mammograms but don't do a monthly exam as my breasts are lumpy . Would an ultrasound be useful? Should I be checking them monthly?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you make a boil on your vagina go away before it gets bigger?
- How do you treat a paper cut on your eye?
- How do you heal a third degree burn on your leg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get a staph infection on your face?
- I have a terrible case of granuloma annulare on my arms how do you treat it
- How often do you have to walk on a treadmill to see results?
- How do you know when to pull the plug on a loved one?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free