Doctor insights on:
How Do You Deal With A Mattress That Has Scabies On It
My husband has scabies and The doctor mentioned washing clothing and towels, but what about fabric furniture and mattresses or upholstered items?
Scabies: You can spray everywhere and dry them with hot air. Also you can expose them in sun heat. ...Read more
After i aply the prescribed cream for scabies, can I wash everything in hot water and spray my mattress and furniture with clorox disinfecting spray?
Is scabies transferred through barefoot public places, such as a public pool or other area's like this, or a campground cabin and the beds they have?
Scabies: You have to come in contact with scabies to get it. It is usually from another person, both by skin to skin and sexual contact. It can be transmitted through bed sheets, and towels, if they were not washed. Also pets can have it, and you can get it from them. This is the CDC site, which has a much more complete explanation. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/scabies/gen_info/faqs.html ...Read more
5% permethrin cream: This cream is available by prescription and can be used in children as young as 2 months. The cream should be massaged into the skin from scalp to legs and left on overnight, rinsed off in the morning. All household contacts should be treated. Then wash all your clothing and bedding in hot water. You may need to repeat the cream in 1 week if itching persists. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you deal with a person who has a narcissistic personality disorder?
- How do you prevent scabies?
- How do you contract scabies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you tell when to change the height of crib mattresses?
- How do you deal with ageism from boss?
- How do you deal with stress fractures?
- How do you deal with dehydration with laxative abuse?
- Talk to a dermatologist online