Doctor insights on:
How Do You Cure Syphilis
Yes: Unlike some stds such as herpes, the early stages of syphilis are easily cured (forever) with appropriate antibiotic (penicillin shot in the muscle being the drug of choice). Untreated syphilis can eventually result in a non-curable form (known as tertiary syphilis) which is nowadays quite uncommon in our country. ...Read more
Syphilis: Doxycycline can be a cure to syphilis but it is not the most effective treatment. There is a special Penicillin known as Bicillin or Penacillin G that at 2.4 million units is 100% curative. Syphilis is experienced in three phases but there are often no symptom between phases. Blood testing and antibody titer monitoring are the norms for making sure the treatment was effective. ...Read more
My ex husband gave me syphilis, 2 yrs ago. I had it treated at that time, and have had no other issues. Is it cured?
Never too late to Rx: Syphilis progresses in 3 stages, the initial sore, the blood borne spirochete, and finally crossing the blood brain barrier. Unlike the carol king song "it's too late" from her tapestry album, we rarely see 3rd stage disease because it is usually caught and treated prior to infiltrating the brain. Can that happen in 9 untreated months? It depends on the hosts' resistance and the rapidity of rx. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you cure hyperpigmentation on your upper lip and penis?
- How do you cure eye strain and how long will it take?
- How do you cure hand foot and mouth disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you cure a stomach ache?
- How do you cure hamstring muscle spasms?
- How do you cure rheumatic heart disease?
- How do you cure plantar warts?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free