Doctor insights on:
How Do You Contract Scabies
My coworker has had scabies for a month and refuses to get treated knowing she contracted them. She insists they will die on their own. Totally false?
Can i get scabies from contact with a wild animal? Are there any animals that can contract scabies? I heard that house pets cannot, is this true?
Yes. Stay away: Scabies is contagious and can be caught by contact with someone who has it or comming in contact with their clothing, beddings, towel, furniture, etc. Scabies is caused by a mite which usually dies in a few days if it does not come in contact with human skin. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Child with a confirmed case of scabies gave me a brief hug. Likelihood that I will contract it? Extremely anxious, should I just begin treatment?
Unlikely an issue: A brief hug from an infected kid would provide little chance for transfer of living scabies. After 4 weeks you would have active skin problems. Kids who share bedding, and live in close contact are more likely to share this problem. It is not that easy to pass in a public setting. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
How is scabies contracted? I heard that there was a breakout of scabies in a retirement home down the road. How is this condition contracted?
Not uncommon: Scabies is not that easy to catch but it is common worldwide. It is passed in close home quarters and with sexual contacts via skin to skin contact. Female mites move 2.5 cm/ minute but do not jump or fly. After exposure, mites can enter skin within 30 minutes. A person with scabies needs 20 minutes sustained contact to transmit mites. Infected clothing or sheets as source uncommon but possible. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you contract the scabies skin parasite?
- How long do you itch after scabies treatment?
- How do you get scabies in the first place?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you deal with a mattress that has scabies on it?
- How do you contract hand foot and mouth disease?
- How do you get scabies from another person?
- How do you catch scabies from another person?
- Talk to a dermatologist online