Doctor insights on:
How Do You Catch Pneumonia
From infected person: Most of the pneumonias are caused by a viral or bacterial infections. You usually get them from someone who has a respiratory infection, not necessarily pneumonia, by cough or touch hand contact. There are rare pneumonias like Legionaire disease and non-infectious pneumonias that has different mode of transmission. ...Read more
You can baby sit: In general, pneumonia due to bacteria is not contagious. If the child has a viral infection or influenza (the "flu") however, this could be contagious. If the child has been diagnosed to have a bacterial pneumonia, then it would be safe to babysit the child. The only major type of bacterial pneumonia that is contagious is tuberculosis, but in general, people do not refer to this as pneumonia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely: Unless they were in truck with you & they exposed you. ...Read more
Can you catch pneumonia from driving a truck after someone else, it is a semi tractor with a sleeper bed in. ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you catch typhoid?
- How do you catch impetigo?
- How do you catch hpv?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you catch flesh eating bacteria?
- How do you catch h pylori bacteria?
- How do you catch west nile virus?
- How do you catch meningitis bacterial?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free