Doctor insights on:
How Do You Catch Pneumonia
From infected person: Most of the pneumonias are caused by a viral or bacterial infections. You usually get them from someone who has a respiratory infection, not necessarily pneumonia, by cough or touch hand contact. There are rare pneumonias like Legionaire disease and non-infectious pneumonias that has different mode of transmission. ...Read more
Can you catch pneumonia from driving a truck after someone else, it is a semi tractor with a sleeper bed in. ?
Unlikely: Unless they were in truck with you & they exposed you. ...Read more
You can baby sit: In general, pneumonia due to bacteria is not contagious. If the child has a viral infection or influenza (the "flu") however, this could be contagious. If the child has been diagnosed to have a bacterial pneumonia, then it would be safe to babysit the child. The only major type of bacterial pneumonia that is contagious is tuberculosis, but in general, people do not refer to this as pneumonia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much do claritin or zyrtec help when you catch a cold?
- How do you catch mrsa from someone who has it?
- How do you get pneumonia yahoo?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you catch roseola infantum?
- How do you know if you have pneumonia or bronchitis?
- How do you get double pneumonia?
- How do you catch std crabs?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free