Doctor insights on:
How Do Viruses And Prions Differ From Each Other
Infections: Prions and viruses can be transmitted from person to person, animal to animal. That is the only characteristic that is in common between viruses and prions. Viruses have typical genetic material, either dna or rna, and work with the host cell's own genetic machinery. Prions are abnormal proteins that encourage abnormal folding of proteins in the host. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Prion: Prion.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not very: Hi, the most common prion disease is CJD, with a uniform incidence of approximately 1 case per million population both in the United States and internationally. Familial forms of prion diseases, such as GSS and fatal familial insomnia (FFI), are much more rare. About 10% of cases of CJD are familial, with an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance linked to mutations in the PRNP gene. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does ayurvedic weight loss differ from other weight loss programs?
- How do the vitamins differ from the energy nutrients?
- How do vitamins differ from energy nutrients?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do prions multiply?
- How do coronary artery spasms differ from angina?
- How do vitamin k aspirin react to each other?
- How do prions enter the body?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online