Doctor insights on:
How Do U Get A Staph Infection
Staph & Skin: Most staphylococcal infections are opportunistic infections meaning they take the opportunity to cause a problem if they can. Most of these infections occur in the skin and are due to the fact that something in the skin, an opportunity, allowed the normally present bacteria to have a party...At your expense. Infections such as pimples, boils, and rashes are common and can recur is some people. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
See a doctor: See a doctor for evaluation and prescription for antibiotics. ...Read more
If you test negative for staph what does that mean? Does that mean you are not colonized and will never get a staph infection?
Depends on test: Testing for staph aureus can be done to diagnose active infection, and can also be used as screening method to see if a person is colonized. A negative nasal screen means no staph was detected in the nose. But people can still be colonized with staph at other body sites. Good hand hygiene is important. For recurrent staph infections, a decolonization regimen can be considered. ...Read more
Yes: Disruption of the skin surface by a scratch, cut, abrasion, etc. Opens the underlying tissue to invasion by bacteria. Staph is just one of the possible germs that can cause an infection. Simple cleaning with soap & water and disinfecting the area should prevent a problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get a staph infection in your throat?
- How do you get rid of a staph infection when it seems to be all over your house?
- How do you get a staph infection on your face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do u get a urinary track infection?
- How do you get a staph infection on your skin?
- How do u get a water infection?
- How do u get a blood infection?
- Talk to a dermatologist online