Doctor insights on:
How Do Trigger Points Develop
Pain in Muscles: Trigger points are focal areas of muscle fibers within a muscle that are hyperirritable. They are felt to be small areas of contracted muscle within taut bands of muscle. When these trigger points are pressed they cause pain not only locally, but can cause referred pain at a different site. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Muscle pain: I am not familiar with that term. Perhaps you are referring to fibromyalgia, a condition involving muscle and joint pain as well as fatigue. The syndrome can include anxiety or depression, a greater sensitivity to pain, resulting in trigger points, chronic headaches, stiffness, and other symptoms. See your doctor for an evaluation if you are concerned that you have this condition. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many things: Start with otc pain meds and stretching esercises, if no relief then physical therapy for myofacial release, tapping, modalities with stretching and strengthening exercises and postural correction, if no releif then injection therapy or accupuncture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See details: Arrobic exercises can help. Resistance exercises are less likely to help. You need to determine the cause of the trigger points first. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do fibroids develop?
- What can i do to help with the pain in my trigger points?
- How do blood clots develop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do hemorrhoids typically develop?
- How quickly do cataracts develop?
- How do varicose veins develop?
- How do you develop polymyositis?
- What causes me to develop trigger points?