Doctor insights on:
How Do They Test You For Herpes
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
No: That would be unusual.Get a more detailed answer ›
Dose IVF test you for herpes i think I have it i haven't been tested yet but i'm very sure I have herpes?
No: Ivf doctors don't routinely screen for herpes. Some doctors have the capability of testing you but you're likely best off testing with your gynecologist. It's critical for you, your partner, and your possible future baby that you get properly diagnosed if you think you may have herpes. ...Read more
Depends on the test: So we have a couple of tests.One is a polymerase chain reaction test (PCR) for herpes that we get when we scrap the lesion.Another test is a blood test that detects the body's antibody response to an infection by the Herpes Virus.Regarding the PCR test it is very accurate but it depends on getting a good DNA sample from the scraping.The blood test depends on the antibody response time. DNA better. ...Read more
Wait for tests: It can be as short as 1 day or ir the test must be sent out to a lab outside your facility then 2-4 days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you test for herpes in women?
- How do doctors test for herpes?
- How do they test for genital herpes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon can you test for herpes?
- How long before you test positive for herpes?
- How do you get tested for herpes?
- How do you get tested for oral herpes?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free