Doctor insights on:
How Do The People Who Have Hydrophobia Take Baths
You mean aquaphobia?: Hydrophobia is a slang term for rabies. Rabies is usually fatal infection of the brain people catch after being bitten by an infected bat, fox, raccoon or skunk. Rarely rabies can be acquired by a cat, dog or ferret bite. Rabies is called hydrophobia because the infected person drools a lot and has difficulty swallowing. Fear of water, lakes, ponds and swimming is aquaphobia. Sponge baths? ...Read more
Rabies is an infectious disease caused by a virus. The most common carrier in the U.S. is infected bats. Symptoms of rabies include an initial flu-like illness followed by increasing paralysis, agitation, and confusion. The classic drooling symptom is due to an inability ...Read more
A monkey drank water from a bath tub. After few minutes I cleaned my wound in that bath tub. Can I get rabies?
NO: transmitted from a bite of an infected animal. ...Read more
Found a dead bat in the water boiler after having a bath. Is there any risk of rabies? Water was hot but not boiling and it sure got into my eyes.
Here's why: Animals with rabies cannot swallow their saliva and this make them more likely to transmit the infectious agent via a bite. The disease also makes them want to bite others by damaging the brain. So the different aspects of the infection work together to transmit it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Confusing, huh?: Hydrophobia comes from the greek for water (hydro) + greek for fear (phobia) hydrogen comes from the greek for water (hud?r) + french for generates (gennes) hydrophobia means "fear of water" & hydrogen means "generates water" when you have rabies your throat spasms so much you choke & even the sight of water--which you might so crave in thirst --scares you & starts off painful spasms. Get it? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I heard bleach baths are good for eczema how do you take bleach baths
- Do people not wearing seatbelts who are in car wreck have a ruptured spleen?
- Cardio exercise for people who do not have use of their legs
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there people who should not take allegra?
- How much of the stomach is removed in people who have stomach cancer?
- People who have had a stroke
- People who have had thyroidectomy
- Talk to a pediatrician online