Doctor insights on:
How Do The Immune And Respiratory System Interact
BALT: The respiratory system (lungs) has parts of the immune system in it. It is called balt-bronchial associated lymphoid tissue. There are also cells in the lining of the lung that "sample" the air for virus, bacteria, etc. These cells communicate with the immune system to eventually make antibodies that can then circulate within the body to protect from infections. ...Read more
Huh ??????: Your question makes no sense. Only interact when you aspirate food ...Read more
What I can do to boost the immune system (due to recurrent respiratory problems) except no stress, diet and exercise?
Is red clover herb good for menopause, joints, immune sys, and respiratory sys? Can you tell me also what else this is good for?
Esp. menopause, also: Red clover is esp. useful for menopausal symptoms & may help prevent osteoporosis, uterine cancer & cardiovascular disease. It can loosen phlegm & reduce bronchospasm. I have not found evidence it helps joints or immune function. See http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-red-clover.html for a good review of its actions and benefits. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the circulatory system interact with the respiratory system?
- How does the respiratory system interact with other body systems?
- How do body systems interact with each other?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do allergies affect the respiratory system?
- How do the digestive and respiratory system work together?
- How do the digestive immune systems work together?
- How do digoxin licorice interact?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free