Doctor insights on:
How Do People Contract Herpes Simplex
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
HSV - 1 ; 2: The herpes simplex virus-1 is most often the cause of cold sores. It can be spread to the mouth or lips through activities like kissing. It can spread to the genitals by mouth to genital contact or genital to genital contact. Herpes simplex virus -2 can be spread through vaginal, anal ; oral sex. ...Read more
Tell him...: ...To have his doctor prescribe an antiviral (valtrex, famvir, etc.) and make sure he takes it diligently. That will reduce your risk by at least 50%. Don't kiss him when he has a fever blister, or even when he thinks he might be developing one. That will bring your risk down to 20% or less. Until a vaccine comes out, that's about the best you can do. ...Read more
Hepres 6: Human Herpes type virus (there are many) that causes a viral infection (usually in small children) with fever, irritabiliy, rash. Syndrom also known as sixth's disease. Though to spread via human saliva. Also recent link to MS (multiple sclerosis) Can reactivate later in life (like chicken pox that causes shingles) and for the most part in inmmune competent individuals, no problems ...Read more
Can the first outbreak of herpes simplex 2 always appear with in the first month of contracting it?
High: If barrier protection is not use correctly you are at high risk of getting infected. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i deal with mouth herpes simplex i want to kiss my baby?
- How do i deal with oral herpes simplex?
- How many people have herpes simplex 1?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do u differentiate folliculitis and herpes in the genital area?
- How long after contracting hiv do symptoms occur?
- How long do people live after a stroke?
- How long do people usually live after they get congestive heart failure?
- Talk to a dermatologist online