Doctor insights on:
How Do Laxatives Work
Depends: Everyone's motility is different. Some may have results within a few minutes and for others, it may take a few hours. ...Read more
Diet & Exercise: You should try eating more foods which are rich in soluble and insoluble fiber such as oats, bran, foods made with whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, drinking more fluids, and getting more exercise. You may also want to try an enema or suppositories. If this persists or you are in pain please get examined at a clinic or office. ...Read more
In a way: The more you take, the more effect youll get. you may get a "faster" response but it will be a stronger response and probably more than you want. Take the recommended dose and talk to your doctor if it doesnt help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do suppository laxatives work?
- How do tea laxatives work?
- How do laxatives work to lose weight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do when laxatives don't work?
- How soon do cortisone shots work for plantar faciitis?
- How do the respiratory circulatory and digestive system work together?
- How soon do hydrocortisone acetate suppositories start to work?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online