Doctor insights on:
How Do Laxatives Work
Diet & Exercise: You should try eating more foods which are rich in soluble and insoluble fiber such as oats, bran, foods made with whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, drinking more fluids, and getting more exercise. You may also want to try an enema or suppositories. If this persists or you are in pain please get examined at a clinic or office. ...Read more
Depends: Everyone's motility is different. Some may have results within a few minutes and for others, it may take a few hours. ...Read more
In a way: The more you take, the more effect youll get. you may get a "faster" response but it will be a stronger response and probably more than you want. Take the recommended dose and talk to your doctor if it doesnt help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do vegetable laxatives work?
- How do tea laxatives work?
- How do suppository laxatives work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When laxatives do not work for constipation
- How does a suppository laxative work?
- How does magnesium work as a laxative?
- What to do when laxatives don't work?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online