Doctor insights on:
How Do I Treat An Ear Ache Due To Having A Cold In A 10 Year Old
My 5 year old had a really bad ear ache. He has had a cold so this followed. I treated the symptoms and he finally slept a little last night. He woke up this morning with the ear ache but not as bad. He wants to sleep and is not hungry. No fever...
Ear Pain: It is likely this is an ear infection. Most physicians feel that treating the pain is the primary goal. This may include antibiotics, although the major cause in viral. The follow up care is important. Have his ear examined to make sure the infection/fluid is resolving to prevent hearing loss. All the best. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain relief: At 5 a kid can benefit from Ibuprofen in proper doses every 6-8 hours. Letting them snuggle with a heating pad at low heat can sometimes diffuse the pain .Persistence in discomfort after 3 days is worth an evaluation for purulent otitis which requires abx for proper healing. Untreated otitis may self heal or go on to chronic mastoid disease ; hearing loss. ...Read more
My 37 year old is screaming with ear ache has been to two doctors today. Only gave her ear drops. What shall i do?
Different/more meds.: I am not sure why he is having so much pain--inner ear infection usually not intensely painful. Swimmer's ear can be quite painful. I am not sure what drops he got, but must find out what is causing his his pain. There is "novacaine drops" which can help with pain fast. Tmj can also cause pain, so is shingle. Add motrin/tylenol which may help, and re-consult doc as soon as you need to. Good luck. ...Read more
? Bactrim?: Have a pediatrician see the baby. This could be a very serious ear infection which is not responding to this antibiotic. Although not as likely, this sulfonamide containing antibiotic has a high frequency of allergies associated with its use. Get the 3 year old checked asap. ...Read more
My 3 year old was given Amoxicillin 400 mg for an ear ache, I have a 7 month old that just started developing an ear ache. Can I give him some?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a large pimple in my right ear lobe how do i get rid of it
- How do i know if i have a stress fracture in my heel and how do they treat it?
- How to remove ear wax in a four year old?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My three year old seems to always have a runny nose what can i do
- My 2 year old has tubes in her ears how long do kids usually have to have them
- How do i know if my child is having an adverse reaction to a vaccine?
- How do you treat an ear infection on a 5yr old?
- Talk to a pediatrician online