Doctor insights on:
How Do I Treat Alopecia
Can alopecia areata be treated in pregnancy with kenalog injections or should expectant mothers wait until after delivery?
Depends: Causes include, but not limited to : vitamin deficiencies, poor diet, thyroid issues, anemia, hormonal imbalances/changes, medications, genetics, tension of hair (pulling back), damage from chemical treatments/dyes, obsessive pulling (trichotillomania) - the solution is find the cause, as each cuase has different treatment. Would talk to your physician and consider labwork. ...Read more
Several options: Medical treatment is available from your physician. It's pricey but somewhat effective. Surgery requires a specialist. Or you can embrace your genetics and masculinity and decide you like it. 95% of good looks for a man is physical fitness. This is totally under your control, no matter where you do and don't have hair. ...Read more
I'm looking for a dermatologist who can treat my case of alopecia. I live in oakland ca. Please let me know of any recommendations.?
Ask a primary doctor: A person having hair loss can ask his primary care doctor about it, because sometimes there is a medical disorder causing hair loss (although many times it's just male-pattern baldness). The doctor may have other patients who have had good results with local dermatologists, plastic surgeons, hair restoration doctors, etc... A search of healthtap did not turn up any oakland dermatologists so far. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a badly bruised toe how do i treat it
- I have alopecia areata how do i stop the baldness from spreading
- How do i treat a fungal infection between my toes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i treat low iron saturation levels?
- How do i treat a cough on a 7 month old baby?
- How do i know if i have a stress fracture in my heel and how do they treat it?
- How do i treat a severely jammed finger?
- Talk to a dermatologist online