Doctor insights on:
How Do I Treat A Yeast Infection
Yeast infection: I assume it is vaginal. There are OTC preparations (clotrimazole).Take oral probiotics/ yogurt to prevent . If not vaginal (can have it in mouth or GI tract) will need evaluation. Though vaginal yeast infections are common would check for diabetes. In any case going to an urgent care/doctor may be helpful ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Same as w/o: your period - except it may be better to use a pad because each time a tampon is removed it can also remove some of the anti-fungal cream that is in the vagina. Take care. ...Read more
Can't get in to see dr for 4 wks. How can I treat a yeast infection? Also have severe lower stomach pains. 4 days now
You could: Feel really miserable and it may spread. ...Read more
Treated with...: ...Anti-fungal medications like nystatin, Fluconazole or many others. The type and location of the infection also helps determine what's used. A genital yeast overgrowth, for instance, is not going to be treated the same way as thrush in a baby or systemic yeast in someone with a damaged immune system. ...Read more
Treating yeast: If it’s your 1st possible yeast infection or you aren’t sure if it’s yeast – see your dr. Some tx options include vaginal cream, ointment or suppository for sev. Days (7 to 14 days sometimes). Otc meds include monistat (miconzole), vagistat-1 (tioconazole), femstat (buoconazole), Gyne-Lotrimin or mycelex( clotrimazole). Otc meds don’t work ? See your dr. S/he may order Diflucan (oral antifungal). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i treat a yeast infection on the penis?
- How do i treat a yeast infection at home?
- How do i treat a fungal infection between my toes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you treat a really bad yeast infection from taking antibiotics?
- How do you treat a male yeast infection?
- How do i treat a urinary tract infection?
- How do i get rid of a yeast infection fast?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free