Doctor insights on:
How Do I Tell My Online Bf I Have Acrophobia
See below: Is there any reason to tell your online bf you have acrophobia? The question to ask yourself: how telling or not telling will/might affect your relationship at this point? Is it important for him to know or it's more important for you to tell? The choice is definitely yours... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Phobia: "acrophobia" is an extreme or irrational fear of heights, which is not to be confused with agoraphobia, which is the fear of public places and is associated with panic disorder . . . Which is not to be confused with "angoraphobia, " which is a pretend fear of fluffy rabbits or sweaters! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
CBT for some works: In contrast to other forms of psychotherapy, cognitive therapy is usually more focused on the present, more time-limited, and more problem-solving oriented. In addition, patients learn specific skills that they can use for the rest of their lives. These skills involve identifying distorted thinking, modifying beliefs, relating to others in different ways, and changing behaviors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get treated: You could see a therapist for treatment -- cognitive behavioral therapy with gradual desensitization is the usual approach for a phobia like this. Some research is also being done with d-cycloserine in such disorders, but the results are equivocal. A psychiatrist could prescribe other medications if needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sure why not?: A person suffers from acrophobia can use emotional support from others such as family members and good friends, which often leads to more compliance in treatement and better prognosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i safely tell my therapist that i think that i have asperger syndrome?
- How do i tell my children i have end stage lung disease?
- How do i tell my partner i have hiv?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much vinegar do i have to drink for my vagina to tighten up?
- I have a twitch in my thigh muscle for 3 days now how do i get rid of it
- Do i have a hernia my balls and penis are swollen how do i get the swelling down?
- I have a rash on the back of my head how do i get rid of it
- Talk to a psychologist online for free