Doctor insights on:
How Do I Teach Rules And Discipline
Organic food, filtered water. How can I discipline myself to follow my own rules for self preservation?
One step at a time: List the lifestyle changes you want to make. Order the list from easiest to most challenging. Start with the easiest first. Focus on making one change at a time. Be realistic. Remember slip-ups and backsliding happen. Don't give up after a slip-up. Find a person or a partner with whom to be accountable. Good luck! ...Read more
Duplicate question, : though you 1st stated that he also has Autistic Spectrum Disorder. A Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrician & other specialists can clarify his Neurodevelopmental Disorders, look for underlying causes & define his developmental levels. Then seek behavioral therapy to learn to state rules at his language level, follow through with immediate consequences & use other effective behavioral techniques. ...Read more
Be persistent: Make a schedule, stick to it, prioritize your tasks, create a list of things to get accomplished, be persistent and stay dedicated to your goal. Make time during the day to complete the things you want to do like exercise, eat a healthy snack, play w/ your kids, check your email, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Gradually: Try taking a break from that stuff you are trying to avoid. Maybe start with one day per week. Then two days per week. Maybe then one week per month and so on. You can do it. Ask yourself: "does this cheeseburger taste better than being thin feels?". ...Read more
Grab a pal: You've already started! identifying and desire are the starting point, and now you have to take the second step. Co-discipline is key. You are accountable to another person to get up and go for that walk, or wog, and before you know it, you see the results. Making a pattern or habit of behavior can jump start your motivation. Replacing a healthy habit for a sedentary habit can be a gateway. ...Read more
A couple of ways.: Groups such as OEA as one example are a wonderful source of support (and ideas) for many types of behaviors such as impulsive or emotional types of eating. Additionally, cognitive behavioral therapy has been shown promising for such endeavors as well; however, weight loss medications have been shown to be ineffective in the long run. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i take care of a boil after it has popped and left behind a small hole?
- How do i get rid of a bad cough and tight chest?
- Do i have a hernia my balls and penis are swollen how do i get the swelling down?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of bloody bumps on my inner thighs and butt cheaks?
- I have a stuffy nose coughing body aches what is it and how do i help myself
- How do i know the difference between dense breast tissue and a lump?
- How do i know if i have a stress fracture in my heel and how do they treat it?
- Talk to a pediatrician online