Doctor insights on:
How Do I Stop My Shoulder Dislocation From Happening
A glenohumeral dislocation occurs when the head of humeus displaces in relationship to the glenoid fossa. Most glenohumeral dislocations occur when the humerus slips forward (anterior) on the fossa. A disocated shoulder must be reduced, & a post-reduction x-ray is necessary to check for any fractures/ ensure proper realignment. Dislocations may also cause soft tissue ...Read more
If I did a surgery would it be effective to stop a re occurrence of the shoulder dislocation to happen?
I had shoulder dislocation 2 times . How can I prevent it from happening again? I hav an active life style and want to continue that.
Depends...: The way that shoulders are reduced is dependent on the direction it has dislocated. Many shoulder dislocations will reduce spontaneously as your are moving around on your way to the emergency room. If the shoulder is still dislocated in the emergency room, the reduction maneuver chosen by the doctor will be based on the xray findings. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Age/activity dictate: The risk of sustaining a recurrent shoulder dislocation is higher in the adolescent than the young adult. Recurrence risk continues to decrease with increasing age. Contact sports and overall shoulder muscle weakness and poor rotator cuff musculature rehabilitation are also poor prognostic indicators. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dislocation is a condition in which a bone has come out of place from a joint, usually due to a sports injury, a fall, a bike/car accident, or a birth defect. The dislocated joint can have its out-of-place bone put back into proper position, but further treatment may be needed ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i stop myself from biting my mouth inside when asleep?
- How do i stop my nose from running?
- How do i stop my toddler from masturbating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Noise-induced tinnitus
- How do i stop my thoughts from racing at night when i am trying to go to sleep?
- How do i stop the sharp pain from my sciatic nerve?
- How can i build my shoulder strength after recovering from shoulder dislocation?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free