Doctor insights on:
How Do I Reduce My Babys Fever
Is blowby oxygenation an appropriate intervention to reduce cardiac stress in an infant with febrile induced tachycardia?
Febrile tachycardia: Treatment is to reduce fever, fast heart rate is one of the mechanisms the body adopts to reduce the effects of high temperature, best way to deal with it is try to reduce fever by whatever means, warm bath, fever medicine, etc.., blow-by oxygen isn't the treatment, unless there is heart or lung problem requiring oxygen supplementation, it won't harm but won't help ...Read more
No: In infants the definition of fever is 100.4 (38C). If you have an infant under 3 months with that temperature, call your doctor or go to the ER. Beyond 3 months, call your doctor if the temperature reaches 102.2 (39C) or higher. Obviously, if your infant is vomiting, unable to arouse, or showing any other symptoms that concern you, call your doctor or go to the ER. Hope this helps! ...Read more
It depends...: Fever is a key aspect of how we fight infections- microbes don't survive at high temperature ; our white blood cells work better.Drugs to reduce fever may help one feel better temporarily but prolong infections! it's best to let the fever run its course unless it gets really high (above 104). Keep the baby well-hydrated. See doc if persists. See comment; http://www.Pamf.Org/children/common/fever/. ...Read more
Please read the : American Academy of Pediatrics' recommendations for safe sleep: http://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/sleep/Pages/A-Parents-Guide-to-Safe-Sleep.aspx or HealthyChildren.org. Please put your baby to sleep on his/her back in a crib with a firm mattress, no loose bedding or stuffed animals, not in your bed. It truly reduces the chance of SIDS, which can occur up to one year. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if my baby has a fever?
- How do i reduce the visibility of my stretchmarks?
- How do i reduce swelling in my mouth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do if my baby is running a fever of 1011?
- What should i do if my baby has a fever of 100?
- How do i reduce my sciatica pain without surgery?
- How do i massage my swollen arm to reduce its swelling?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free