Doctor insights on:
How Do I Raise My Blood Pressure When I Get Dizzy Standing
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
I get very dizzy from time to time I do take blood pressure med. What could cause this it is effecting my work?
Hmmm....: Dizziness is a very common side effect of many blood pressure medications, and can also just be an effect of making blood pressure too low. Only a few blood pressure meds (usually beta blockers) are prescribed specifically to target migraines, and often with limited efficacy, so it's unsurprising to hear that the meds haven't reduced their frequency. Sorry about that though :\. ...Read more
Drink fluid &: Lay down raising your legs above the level of you your head. ...Read more
When I drive I get dizzy sometimes what causes that? also my blood pressure is 90/50 most of the time. I have to get up and move around to feel better
If your blood pressure is low, 87/52. Feeling dizzy headed. Is there something you could do to raise it.
Salt and fluids: Eat plenty of salt and drink plenty of fluids. If that doesn't correct it, there are drugs that can be used. But first, you need to be evaluated for causes of low blood pressure. When you squat or arise from lying down, do it slowly - it's normal for BP to drop briefly at those times and most folks will have a few seconds of dizziness if they get up too fast. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i raise my blood pressure if dizzy standing for more than half hour?
- I get dizzy when i do blood test any possible reasons my blood tests are normal
- Why do i get dizzy when i put my hands?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i get dizzy when my hands are over my head?
- Why do i get dizzy when i blow my nose?
- Why do i get dizzy when i lay on my left side?
- Why do i keep losing my vision and getting headaches when standing?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free