Doctor insights on:
How Do I Prevent Gout From Recurring
Reduce gout by diet: Gout diet helps to control the production and elimination of uric acid, help prevent gout attacks or reduce severity.Limit meat, poultry and fish.Cut back on fat. Saturated fat lowers ability to eliminate uric acid. Limit alcohol.Interferes with the elimination of uric acid from your body.Drink plenty of fluids, particularly water, 8-16 glasses.Eat complex carbohydrate, grains, fruits, vegetables. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is there anything i can do to help prevent gout or is there anything that will help it once it occurs ? Without surgery
Gout uric acid rx: Take in tart cherry juice and tart cherries, 20/day. Add Lemon extract 4 tblspns / day. And avoid alcohol, animal fats, organ meats, anchovies, sardines, tuna, salmon, and shellfish. Limit other meats to 4 oz per day. Avoid high fructose corn syrup containing drinks and foods. Add egg whites, quinoa, soy as protein. Eat lots of citrus fruit and veggies. Drink 3 liters per day. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Each person differs: Although alcohol can increase the risk of gout in some, and decreasing alcohol can help prevent gout and in some depending on the amount ingested stop gout. Dietary restriction of red meat is unlikely to stop gout. People with gout more often have metabolic changes and/or renal (kidney) changes that leads to elevated uric acid, that leads to the production of urate crystals that cause gout. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i prevent muscle spasms from recurring?
- How do i prevent my new sunburn from blistering?
- How do i prevent mosquito bites from itching?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i prevent from cramping after a long run?
- How can i prevent glaucoma from recurring?
- How do i prevent back pain from standing?
- How do you prevent cold sores from recurring?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free