Doctor insights on:
How Do I Permanently Get Rid Of Flaky Skin On My Shins
Not possible: Unfortunately, it is not possible to get rid of skin flaking permanently. However, you can treat it with lachydrin which contains lactic acid. This treatment both removes scale and hydrates the skin. One other pearl--dermatologists love vaseline as a skin treatment. Vaseline is an affordable treatment that keeps the skin well hydrated and protects from drying. ...Read more
Seborrhea: Seborrhea (seb-uh-ree-uh) is a common skin condition (red, itchy rash & white scales). It is called dandruff when is affects the scalp, but it can also be on other parts of the face & body (folds around nose, behind the ears, the forehead, eyebrows, eyelids, chest, around (the navel). Medicated shampoos used 2-3x/wk on these area as directed can help reduce the scaling. See your dermatologist. ...Read more
Seborrheic Derm: Seborrheic dermatitis is thought to be due to a combination of an over production of skin oil and irritation from a yeast called malassezia. Seborrheic dermatitis appears to run in families. Stress, fatigue, weather extremes, oily skin, infrequent shampoos or skin cleaning, use of lotions that contain alcohol, skin disorders (such as acne), or obesity may increase the risk. Rx with promiseb. ...Read more
1st determine cause: First determine what is the cause of the flaky skin. Simple evaporative losses may best be managed with hygiene, exfoliation and moisturizers. Addition of retinoids may be indicated, either otc or prescription. However other disease conditions such as psoriasis or eczema may be the cause and require medical treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i get rid of my scars on my shin?
- How do i get rid of brown spots on my skin from sun damage?
- How do i get rid of the chiggers on my skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of sebaceous cysts on my scrotum?
- How do i get rid of the pimple on my eyelid?
- How do i get rid of blackheads on my ass?
- How do i get rid of dark skin in between my thigh?
- Talk to a dermatologist online