Doctor insights on:
How Do I Know If My Pain Is Appendicitis Or Right Ovary
Appendicitis is inflammation of the appendix which is a finger-shaped pouch that projects off of the colon. It causes right lower quadrant pain that radiates and becomes worse over time. Common symptoms are abdominal pain localizing to the right lower quadrant, nausea or vomiting, and loss of appetite. Appendicitis is treated with IV fluids + antibiotics and appendectomy (surgical removal of the appendix) either as an ...Read more
I've had a sharp pain in my right ovary for >24 hours and was woken out of a dead sleep from it and bloating and nausea. Could this be appendicitis?
Need doctor to check: Lower right abdominal pain can be from many things. For pain there, appendicitis is always a concern (pain can worsens over time, with fever coming on). If one is constipated for several days, stool can back up all the way to the right side, and cause pain. Having gas may or may not be related to the discomfort (lactose intolerance will cause gas). A hernia or ovarian problem can cause pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably: That would be in the normal range for an ovary. The range is quite wide as a normal ovary can easily contain a number of cysts up to about 6 cm in diameter. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if my pain is appendicitis or just regular intestinal cramps?
- How do i know if my baby has appendicitis?
- How do i know if i have appendicitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if hysterectomy is right for my cervical cancer?
- How do i know if i have cysts on ovaries?
- I have pain in my ovaries on the right
- Pain in my right ovary could i be pregnant
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free