Doctor insights on:
How Do I Know If My Finger Is Sprained From Typing And Needs Splint
Finger splint: To lessen mobility of finger & reduce discomfort, so that it can heal faster. ...Read more
I sprained my index finger on Saturday and on Sunday I Googled my symptoms and it comes up with a sprained finger, I brought a finger splint today, I can still move it, and the pain is subsiding a bit now. Just wondering how long should I keep it on?
Keep moving: The movement is definitely a good thing. You don't want to completely NOT move it for a week because that will cause unnecessary stiffness and likely cause the healing to be longer than it would normally. Typically somewhere between 5-7 days depending on how the finger is feeling. It's not an exact science. And just so you know, I can't see the last part of your question on here- sorry! Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This may depend on : the finger involved and as to exactly what specific type of injury that was sustained. The most common type of splinting for simple injuries is buddy taping where one finger is taped to the adjacent one for stability but still allow for range of motion to avoid stiffness. See you doctor for an opinion. ...Read more
The doctor said I have a badly sprained finger and said to keep a splint on it how long should I keep it on?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if my finger is sprained?
- How do i know if i sprained my finger?
- How do i know if my finger is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if my child is suffereing from bronchitis or asthma?
- How do i know if something is wrong with my liver?
- How do i know if my plantar wart is gone?
- How do i know if my pain is appendicitis or right ovary?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free