Doctor insights on:
How Do I Know If My Finger Is Sprained From Typing And Needs Splint
Finger splint: To lessen mobility of finger & reduce discomfort, so that it can heal faster. ...Read more
This may depend on : the finger involved and as to exactly what specific type of injury that was sustained. The most common type of splinting for simple injuries is buddy taping where one finger is taped to the adjacent one for stability but still allow for range of motion to avoid stiffness. See you doctor for an opinion. ...Read more
The doctor said I have a badly sprained finger and said to keep a splint on it how long should I keep it on?
I sprained my index finger on Saturday and on Sunday I Googled my symptoms and it comes up with a sprained finger, I brought a finger splint today, I can still move it, and the pain is subsiding a bit now. Just wondering how long should I keep it on?
Keep moving: The movement is definitely a good thing. You don't want to completely NOT move it for a week because that will cause unnecessary stiffness and likely cause the healing to be longer than it would normally. Typically somewhere between 5-7 days depending on how the finger is feeling. It's not an exact science. And just so you know, I can't see the last part of your question on here- sorry! Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Act. modification: It sounds like you have exertional tendonitis or possibly early so called trigger finger(another type of tendonitis) it could also be arthritis or a number of other diagnosis if activity modification and nsaids don't help i would see your local hand surgeon for an evaluation which should include x-rays. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if my finger is sprained?
- How do i know if i sprained my finger?
- How do i know if i broke my finger?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if i have a broken finger or just a sprain?
- How do i know sprained or broke my toe?
- How do i know if my ankle is sprain or broken?
- Do you have to put a splint on a sprained finger?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free