Doctor insights on:
How Do I Know If My Cervix Has Started To Dilate Early
Very premature is a condition in which a baby is delivered between 28 and 31 weeks' gestation. Depending on how premature, how sick, and how lucky or unlucky a baby is, he can get brain problems, cerebral palsy, blindness, deafness, developmental problems, learning disabilities, severe lung diseases, infection and loss of some intestines, etc... Babies who are only moderately premature usually ...Read more
In my pregnancies,my cervix dilated early.I was put on bedrest at 30weeks the first time and then 28. Why did that happen?Is there a name for this?
Cervical insufficien: There are many thoughts to why an individual may have cervical insufficiency. The highest risk for this is reoccurance ...Read more
I'm contracting but my cervix isn't changing. How can I help my cervix dilate. I'm 39.5 weeks along. Only 1 CM but i continue to have contractions.
Braxton Hicks: The contractions(braxton hicks) that you are experiencing are the warm up for the concert that will soon begin. When actual progressive labor begins, your cervix will dilate an there is nothing that you can do to alter those events. 'if the apple is ripe, it will fall off the tree'. ...Read more
My cervix would not dilate to allow for an IUD. He used a plastic sound, no drugs. I had cryotherapy on my cervix a few years ago. Can I have an IUD?
Anytime : Between now and your due date .This could be gradual over weeks or overnight. ...Read more
I'm almost 37 weeks preg. I was checking my cervix for dilation and i felt a taught oval rim with a bumpy interior. I could fit 2 fingers in and open.
1st time or more?: The oval rim sounds correct. If first pregnancy, usually only finger-tip when fully closed. If have delivered previously, might be normal at (barely) 2 fingers. If you mean could separate two fingers w/in, then is slightly large for "normal, " and reasonable to call / ask your OB if should get "labor check" or exam in office. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if i am starting to get addicted to my chronic pain medications?
- My fiance has a bump on his penis shaft how do i know if i should be concerned
- How do i know if my baby has dropped?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if my baby has strep throat?
- How do i know if my child is having an adverse reaction to a vaccine?
- How do i know if my baby has rsv?
- If im not having periods how do i know when my body is ready to make babies
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free