Doctor insights on:
How Do I Know If My Baby Is Allergic To Formula
Suggestive symptoms: An allergy to formula (usually the milk or soy component) presents with characteristic symptoms. Usually these include rash/hives or worsening eczema, swelling of lips/tongue/eyelid/face, cough/wheezing, vomiting/diarrhea. Not all patients experience all of these symptoms. Fussiness or colic is usually not secondary to a formula allergy. Skin or blood allergy tests can help diagnose an allergy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How can I tell if my baby is allergic to cows milk formula he's had a cough and phlegm since changing it to a non allergy formula?
Skin test: The easiest way to tell if your baby is allergic to milk is to have your child skin tested by an allergist. You will have an answer in 15 minutes. To rely on their response to milk can often be confusing. ...Read more
My baby drinks soy isomil infant formula and every time he drinks it his eye swell. Is that an allergic reation.
Possibly: If it happens every time, it is probably some type of reaction, mild allergy. Talk to your pediatrician.... ...Read more
Keep a diary: You need to keep track of what he or she eat or what is exposed to. ...Read more
Depends...: ...On the severity of the allergy. Your pediatrician may be able to control the allergic symptoms with medications until your child can outgrow the allergy. And since many dog allergies are specific to the dander (dead skin) that they shed, bathing your dog frequently may go a long way toward alleviating the symptoms as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know that my baby is getting enough formula to eat?
- How can i know if my baby is allergic to milk?
- How do i get my baby to drink formula?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of dust mites if my baby is allergic?
- How do i know if i am allergic to dairy?
- How do i know if i'm allergic to alcohol?
- How do i know if im allergic to wasps?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free