Doctor insights on:
How Do I Know If I Have Food Poisoning
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
See a doctor: Both problems can be serious. Food poisoning occurs when food is spoiled or contaminated with bacteria and presents as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and sometimes fever. Food allergies can have similar symptoms but may also include hives itching, breathing problems. Both can be serious or even life threatening. See a doctor immediately or even go to ER. ...Read more
Variable: There are many different causes of food poisoning, e.g., chemicals, bacterial toxins, live micro-organism and each has different clinical picture. Most cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. See this site for more info. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/food-poisoning. ...Read more
Depends: Staph: lasts 1-3 days. Viral gastroenteritis can last a week. Anything longer needs evaluation. See doc if fever, bleeding, severe symptoms, i.e. Can't keep anything down or in, other health issues, e.g. Diabetes, chronic illnesses, elderly, very young, rash, joint pains, recent travel, antibiotics in past 2-3 months, etc to make sure of the diagnosis, and get appropriate rx, avoid dehydratio, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know i have food poisoning?
- How do you know if you have food poisoning?
- How do i know if i have blood poisoning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know if you have salmonella poisoning?
- How do you know if you have blood poisoning?
- I think i have food poisoning what do i do
- What to do if i have food poisoning?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free