Doctor insights on:
How Do I Know If I Have Food Poisoning
See a doctor: Both problems can be serious. Food poisoning occurs when food is spoiled or contaminated with bacteria and presents as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and sometimes fever. Food allergies can have similar symptoms but may also include hives itching, breathing problems. Both can be serious or even life threatening. See a doctor immediately or even go to ER. ...Read more
Depends: Staph: lasts 1-3 days. Viral gastroenteritis can last a week. Anything longer needs evaluation. See doc if fever, bleeding, severe symptoms, i.e. Can't keep anything down or in, other health issues, e.g. Diabetes, chronic illnesses, elderly, very young, rash, joint pains, recent travel, antibiotics in past 2-3 months, etc to make sure of the diagnosis, and get appropriate rx, avoid dehydratio, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: There are many different causes of food poisoning, e.g., chemicals, bacterial toxins, live micro-organism and each has different clinical picture. Most cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. See this site for more info. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/food-poisoning. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know i have food poisoning?
- How do i know if i have blood poisoning?
- How do i know if i am having a growth spurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if i have a skin tag cyst or an ingrown hair on my penis?
- How do i know if i have tonsil stones?
- How do i know if i have appendicitis or ovarian cyst leaking?
- How do i know if i have arthritis in my hand?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free