Doctor insights on:
How Do I Get Rid Poison Oak From My Body Quickly
Poison oak: Corticosteroid skin creams or ointments may reduce inflammation. Carefully follow the instructions when using these creams. Overuse, even of low-strength over-the-counter products, may cause a skin condition. In severe cases, a steroid dose pack is helpful along with a cortisone shot. ...Read more
What is the best thing to do to get rid of poison oak, and do cold showers really help poison oak? I got poison oak while bucking hay a few days ago.
Depends on severity: Allergic contact dermatitis from "rhus" includes poison ivy, poison oak, etc. The acute treatment if severe may require oral steroids. If the skin rash is rather limited, topical steroids ointments may help. A thorough laundering and cleaning of clothes and anything else that may have come into contact is necessary. A cool shower may feel better, but removal of the plant resin is best. ...Read more
What to do if i need to get rid of poison oak/ivy in the next 2 weeks. Any remedies or suggestions?
Topica/oral steroids: Poison ivy and poison oak are types of allergic contact dermatitis, which usually will resolve spontaneously within 2 weeks. For milder cases, use of a topical corticosteroid is effective. More severe cases, especially when the disease affects that face, often require oral corticosteroids, such as prednisone. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Difficult: The oils work fast so, showering throughly and cleaning clothes is best. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i get rid of body and chest acne from my oily skin?
- How do i get rid of chiggers on my body?
- How do i get rid of the pain on my nose from getting hit while wearing glasses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of white stuff coming from my vsginal area?
- How do i quickly get rid of a sore inside my mouth?
- How do i get rid of my runny nose quickly?
- How do i get rid of boils on my body?
- Talk to a dermatologist online