Doctor insights on:
How Do I Get Rid Of My Terrible Acid Reflux
GERD diet: You should identify the foods that aggravate your reflux symptoms, such as spicy foods, fatty foods, french fries, onions, tomato and citrus juices, chocolate, and mints. And avoid them. Limit consumption of alcohol and caffeine containing beverages. Eat smaller meals, and avoid overfilling your stomach. Avoid lying down for 2 hours after eating. Avoid smoking and all tobacco products. ...Read more
Technically called GERD, acid reflux is the presence of acidic stomach contents in the esophagus. The acid irritates the esophagus causing heartburn symptoms. The regurgitation or reflux can vary greatly as can the symptoms. Blocking stomach acid with medications can alleviate the burning but medication cannot stop the reflux. Complicated GERD requires surgical treatment ...Read more
Change your eating: If you smoke stop. Limit caffeen to 24 oz a day. Avoid acidic liquids, food, and aspartamine. Elivate the head of your bed. Avoid carbinated beverages. Sometimes avoiding yeast and wheat can also help. You can try a histamine blocker such as zantac otc 150mg bid or Prilosec 20mg daily. If your symptoms last more than 2 weeks see your doctor. ...Read more
Reflux is also known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Acid reflux is defined as the presence of acidic gastric contents in the esophagus causing irritation. It's cause is blamed on the a lax gastroesophageal shpincter that permits usch regurgitation. Vesicoureteral reflux is regurgitation (backing up) of urine in the bladder into the ureter ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i get rid of sebaceous cysts on my scrotum?
- How do i help my baby get rid of phlegm?
- I have a twitch in my thigh muscle for 3 days now how do i get rid of it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of blackheads on my ass?
- How do i get rid of dark skin in between my thigh?
- How do i get rid of an odd metallic taste on the roof of my mouth?
- I have a rash on the back of my head how do i get rid of it
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online