Doctor insights on:
How Do I Get Rid Of Head Lice Without Cutting Hair
Body lice (pediculus humanus corporis) are similar to head lice. These are tiny parasitic insects live on the clothes and can often be seen at the seams. They feed on the blood of the host, and can spread certain infections. Generally these are found in the homeless or those who are ...Read more
Yes: There are many unproven methods you can try; mayonnaise, eucerin cream with a hair drier, tea tree oil, and many more you can find on the internet. The only fool proof method i know that doesn't involve medicines is to shave the head. Lice require a hair length of at least half and inch to lay their eggs (nits) and reproduce. ...Read more
Maybe: Some swear to effectiveness of a pickling vinegar used as a wash/rinse daily for a week. The acidic material loosens the nits, which should be removed by a nit comb.I suppose you could try, and go to an alternative treatment, if you were not happy with the results. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
We like lice md: It's otc. Sklice is a new rx med that has good data but depending on coverage it can be expensive. ...Read more
Lice tx: Tx of lice requires accurate identification of nits & / or lice. A pediculicide is usually used- otc like nix (permethrin) or rid or prescription meds like lindane or malathion. Work carefully through hair & remove individual nits. Purchase a special lice nit comb to aid you. Check for nits & remove as seen over the next 7 to 10 days. If there are nits after 7 to 10 days – a 2nd pediculicide tx may be needed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i get rid of and continue to prevent head lice?
- How do i get rid of head lice with just home supplies?
- How do i tell her to get rid of her head lice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of pubic lice?
- How do i get rid of lice eggs?
- How do i get rid of lice naturally?
- How do i get rid of sea lice?
- Talk to a dermatologist online