Doctor insights on:
How Do I Get Rid Of Head Lice Without Cutting Hair
Yes: There are many unproven methods you can try; mayonnaise, eucerin cream with a hair drier, tea tree oil, and many more you can find on the internet. The only fool proof method i know that doesn't involve medicines is to shave the head. Lice require a hair length of at least half and inch to lay their eggs (nits) and reproduce. ...Read more
Maybe: Some swear to effectiveness of a pickling vinegar used as a wash/rinse daily for a week. The acidic material loosens the nits, which should be removed by a nit comb.I suppose you could try, and go to an alternative treatment, if you were not happy with the results. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not always easy: Nix cream rinse and kwell shampoo do not work consistently. Elimite cream (left on all night) is reported to be effective but is not officially approved for head lice. Malathion lotion is effective, but stinks and is flammable. Oral Ivermectin works, but requires a doctor's prescription. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Limited benefit: I have had a few moms try vinegar as a frequent hair wash (daily for a week or more) & say that this worked. Apple cider vinegar or its stouter cousin pickling vinegar were effective killing bugs and loosening the egg casings from hair to the point they slid off easily with a nit comb.If this is not effective for you an otc lice product like nix may finish the job. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of head lice without spending any money?
- How do i tell her to get rid of her head lice?
- How do i get rid of head lice with just home supplies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of sea lice?
- I have a rash on the back of my head how do i get rid of it
- How do i get rid of ingrown hair scars?
- How do you get rid of lice in your armpit hair?
- Talk to a dermatologist online