Doctor insights on:
How Do I Get Rid Of Discolored And Flaky Skin
Dry skin upper lip: You are likely experiencing a short period of reactive dermatitis (inflammation) after the waxing treatment. It should respond to topical treatment of over-the-counter Hydrocortisone 1% cream at night, with aloe or moisturizer during the day. If it persists, have your dermatologist examine you. www.hovecenter.com. ...Read more
I have very dry skin, usually after a couple hours of applying my moisturizer and makeup I get dry flaky skin.I exfoliate too. How do I get rid of it?
See below: If it is on the face, you may have seborrhea, an eczema of oily areas, which may respond to otc hydrocortisone cream and Lotrimin Ultra creams 2 a day and regular moisturizing when clear. An AHA moisturizer may help as well by exfoliating as it moisturizes. If it is on the body, try switching to an AHA body moisturizer for several weeks, supplementing it with a regular ceramide moisturizer.. ...Read more
1st determine cause: First determine what is the cause of the flaky skin. Simple evaporative losses may best be managed with hygiene, exfoliation and moisturizers. Addition of retinoids may be indicated, either otc or prescription. However other disease conditions such as psoriasis or eczema may be the cause and require medical treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Seborrhea: Seborrhea (seb-uh-ree-uh) is a common skin condition (red, itchy rash & white scales). It is called dandruff when is affects the scalp, but it can also be on other parts of the face & body (folds around nose, behind the ears, the forehead, eyebrows, eyelids, chest, around (the navel). Medicated shampoos used 2-3x/wk on these area as directed can help reduce the scaling. See your dermatologist. ...Read more
Not possible: Unfortunately, it is not possible to get rid of skin flaking permanently. However, you can treat it with lachydrin which contains lactic acid. This treatment both removes scale and hydrates the skin. One other pearl--dermatologists love vaseline as a skin treatment. Vaseline is an affordable treatment that keeps the skin well hydrated and protects from drying. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i permanently get rid of flaky skin on my shins?
- How do i get rid of quite dry skin on face and neck after going skiing?
- How do i get rid of body and chest acne from my oily skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of dark skin in between my thigh?
- How do i get rid of bloody bumps on my inner thighs and butt cheaks?
- How do i get rid of these little brown dots i have on my arms and cheeks?
- How do i get rid of all these reddish bumps and spots on my butt?
- Talk to a dermatologist online