Doctor insights on:
How Do I Fully Prepare For Renal Artery Angioplasty With Stent
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
Renal Angioplasty: Angioplasty is balloon revascularization. Usual approach is 2mm incision in the femoral artery at groin, sheath inserted, followed by the cannulation of the artery with a catheter. Dye is injected to locate area in need of angioplasty. Balloon over a wire via the catheter & when in place is inflated to an appropriate pressure. The balloon is removed and then stent deployed and inflated at stenosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fibromuscular dysplasia secondary BP 160 over 118 today heart was 85 narrowing right renal artery disection stent and angioplasty being done in 3weeks?
Possibly yes: If he has severe hypertension not well controlled on multiple medications and/or deterioration in renal function in the setting of high grade renal artery stenosis, then renal artery angioplasty may be very beneficial. Consultation with a nephrologist and vascular surgeon is indicated. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How should i fully prepare for my renal ultrasound?
- Renal artery angioplasty
- Renal artery stenting
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are the stents put in for renal artery disease temporary or permanent?
- How do i prepare horseradish sauce for canning?
- How do i prepare carnation instant breakfast?
- How do i know if my arteries are blocked?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free