Doctor insights on:
How Do I Find Out If I Have Pet Dander In My House
Mostly research test: It's usually not necessary to test to see if you have pet dander. If you have a pet, you have pet dander. If you don't have a pet, some houses still have detectable cat allergen even when there has not been a cat there for substantial amounts of time. Testing is usually done mostly for research purposes though. You can take measures to mitigate, like hard floors or hepa filters, without testing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My daughter had undergone squint surgery in both eyes. We have a pet at home, is there risk of infection or irritation because of dander.
Allergy Testing: Although you may already have a good idea that you are allergic to animals due to symptoms that occur upon exposure, allergy testing will help confirm your suspicions. Please don't be fooled by pet stores that advertise certain breeds as "hypoallergenic" because they don't shed their hair. It is the microscopic bits of skin or dander that cause most of the symptoms, and all dogs shed skin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Real estate agent: Find one. Buy new house. Leave pet behind. There are no other "quick procedures". Moving pet out is your best solution in long run. Keeping pet off furniture, bedding & out of laundry room helps. A hepa air purifier reduces airborne pet dander as will keeping windows open. For effective hepa calculate volume of home. Hepas must move that amount of air every 10 minutes. It's a big investment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can pet dander be removed from cars successfully? I'm sensitive to pet dander. Should i buy a used car with pet dander in it?
Animal Allergy: Spending time around an animal you are allergic to should give you an idea if you have symptoms. If still unsure, your friendly allergist can test you to animals and give you a specific answer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if i have a hairline fracture in my pinky toe bone?
- How do i know if i have a sti in my mouth?
- How do i find out if my baby is brain damaged?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does my doctor find out if i have fractured my thumb or not?
- How do i know if i have a blood clot in my leg?
- How do i know if i have a fracture in my foot?
- I have a large pimple in my right ear lobe how do i get rid of it
- How do i know if i have a stress fracture in my heel and how do they treat it?