Doctor insights on:
How Do I Deal With Thrush
Use oral Nystatin: Thrush is yeast overgrowth in the mouth, causing whitish spots or patches inside the cheeks, on the tongue, or on the throat. The spots don't wipe off with a towel. Thrush is seen in many babies, at one time or another. If a doctor confirms that a baby has thrush, he will usually prescribe a liquid medicine called nystatin, to put in the baby's mouth 4 times a day to stop the yeast overgrowth. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi I am a twenty soon to be twenty one year old female and I have vaginal thrush, what's the best way to deal with this? Tablets? Cream?
Not healthy patients: One of the most common causes of thrush is chronic antibiotic usage. It can occur with a single course of antibiotics but not usually. It also occurs frequtntly in chronically ill and debilitated patients or those who are immuno-compromised. Healthy patients generally do not get thrush. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Thrush can occur at any age. You can develop thrush from many causes including recent antibiotic treatment, poorly controlled diabetes, taking steroids, have an underlying immune disorder like aids, suffer from leukemia or lymphoma, receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the head or neck area, wear dentures, and excessive use of mouthwash. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Newborns' immune...: ...Systems are 'weaker' (less experienced) than those of older children. Candida, the fungus that causes thrush, lives in most peoples' mouths and intestines without causing any trouble, but can overgrow and cause thrush in small children. It is fairly easy to treat, and practically all children grow out of having them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i deal with the pain of an ovarian cyst?
- How do i deal with an anal itching problem?
- How do i deal with my asperger boyfriend?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i deal with confusion taking sleeping pills?
- How do i deal with my ibs during a job interview?
- How do i deal with a torn lat and still play baseball?
- How do i get rid of thrush in my mouth?
- Talk to a dermatologist online