Doctor insights on:
How Do I Cure Tv Addiction
Let's treat cause: An evaluation by a well trained psychiatrist should clarify the depth, strength, causative factor(s) involved. An addiction similar to opiates or ''speed'' is unlikely. I suspect anxiety of a general to specific nature or a difficulty related to depression or compulsive behavior is more likely. All these are easier to treat than chemical addictions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Addiction is a condition in which a person has a strong, persistent physical and psychological need for a habit-forming substance (such as alcohol, cigarettes, or cocaine) or an activity (such as gambling). The person usually suffers physical or psychological withdrawal symptoms if he is unable to continue getting what ...Read more
Facebook addiction: Entice your teenager to work out, either at home or at the gym. Get her involved in community activities, volunteering at the hospital or library, babysitting. Have her pick up a sport - the simplest ones are walking, running.And bike-riding. Most expensive proposition - go shopping. Also, develop hobbies like playing an instrument. Take up art lessons, dance, acting. No, don't substitute ipad. ...Read more
Addiction?: You may be using the term addiction loosely - a fashion for awhile. I prefer to think of overdoing behaviors more as compulsions, but it doesn't matter what term you use. There are psychotherapists who are good at helping people with ocd - it might be simple behavior modification or a more complex approach, but you can work on that together. Are you getting tired of it, or growing deaf? ...Read more
There is no "cure": for addiction. With ongoing therapy and counseling one can "control" their addiction and not use. Support groups like AA or NA or for whatever addiction you may have are a good place to receive nonjudgmental help. A sponsor will give added support and help. If presented the opportunity to use you may be tempted that is where the sponsor may be a big help. I hope this is of some help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See below: http://www.lipbalmanonymous.com/.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i cure a fungal infection on my face that is resistant to azole drugs?
- How do i cure my ringworm at home it has spread to different parts of my body?
- How do i cure candida with betaine hcl probiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i overcome ambien addiction?
- I have rash under my scrotom what could this be and how do i cure this
- How do i cure acne on the back of my neck?
- How do i help my father with a gambling addiction?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free