Doctor insights on:
How Do I Control My Shaking Hands And Nervousness During My Weekly Presentations
What could be the cause of my shaking hands? My dads hands shake too and he is a smoker but I am not and they get worse when i'm mad or nervous.
Tremors: Is shaking only when hands are in motion or even at rest?. Several causes exist, such as essential tremors, drug-induced, parkinson's, systemic disease, psychogenic (such as stress or lack of sleep), fatigue, too much coffee, low blood sugar, overactive thyroid. Worth getting evaluated to rule out medical causes. Most likely, yours is essential tremor & can be effectively treated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a tic in the corner of my mouth and sometimes shaking hands when i get nervous around people. I get nervous a lot. Is there a way to stop this?
Yes, : Treatment depends in the nature of your tic and include medication or behavioral therapy depending in the severity of your symptoms. ...Read more
I have pain in my right elbow. It is slightly painful when I fully extend it and is a sharp pain when I am gripping something or shaking hands.
Poss. epicondylitis: Hi! Depending on where exactly the elbow hurts and whether it hurts when you twist hand (a door knob, for ex.) clockwise or counterclockwise you may have lateral or medial epicondylitis, aka tennis or golfer's elbow--both "overuse" syndromes. Need to identify and avoid the repetative/causative action with rest, anti-inflammatoris as initial Tx. If no better or there is redness and swelling see doc ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it likely to get rubella from shaking hands with someone who might have it but doesn't show any symptoms ?
Unlikely: Masturbation is most likely to cause both pleasure & some feelings of guilt, depending a lot on a kids culture. It does not cause neurological symptoms. If a kid finds that they are experiencing some tremor, or fine continuous movements in their hands, they should have their physician look into the process. I'd be looking into an overactive thyroid or other issue as the culprit. ...Read more
Yes: SSRI's have a nasty side effect of causing agitation if you happen to be one of the unlucky ones. But before discontinuing the Prozac, check for other causes--allergies, alcohol or drug use/hangovers, localized muscle trauma, other medical issues, etc. Consult your MD before changing any medications... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i avoid swelling in my hands and feet during pregnancy?
- How much fiber do i need per day to help control and lose my weight?
- How do i control my nervousness or try not to show it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my hands tingle like pins and needles while i am sleeping?
- Do i have a hernia my balls and penis are swollen how do i get the swelling down?
- How do doctors determine whether i need a hard cast or a soft cast for my hand?
- How do i get rid of bloody bumps on my inner thighs and butt cheaks?
- Talk to a psychologist online for free